Thursday, October 12, 2006

So I had a slow but busy day at work yesterday. I was pulling reports off of the company website and it was taking forever for each of the 120 reports to download individually, so I turned up my radio and was listening to my favorite local station, Dave FM. I noticed they were playing one of my favorite Widespread Panic songs. The next song they played was Brick by Ben Folds. I remembered hearing one of the morning personalities saying to be caller 92 when those artists played back-to-back. So as my individual loss reports were taking sooo long to download, I decided to try calling in to win.

Whatdayaknow!!! Real people actually do win those competitions. I was on air and Mara Davis was telling me all of this stuff I had won: Airfare to Las Vegas, 3 nights at the Mirage, tickets to Vegoose (a FANTASTIC concert festival) and tickets to a Widespread Panic show in Vegas as well! HOLY COW (that's what I kept saying on air)!!!

So Mike and I get to go to Vegas for a last minute vacation just before entering parenthood. How perfect is that?!?! Neither of us has ever been, either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!! Vegas, baby. Vegas! You two will have a blast =)

Karen said...

It's your babymoon! Awesome :) Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is soo exciting.
Have a great time!!!