Sunday, October 01, 2006

Curty came through for me. He finished cutting out my flower sketches with his new band saw.

He gave me the pieces Saturday and I spent most of Sunday painting and assembling them (most of the flowers have 2 layers).

Mike and I are going to hang these flowers around the room and then I'll paint stems and leaves for them as the last touch.


I was running low on creative juices for decorating the hearts when I remembered seeing wooden letters in Target. I drove to the one down the street and made my way to the isle where I remembered seeing them, and then realized the letters they have are huge (6 inches tall). Crap...all that for nothing. They were way too big to fit on the heart cut out.

Then I noticed a do it yourself picture frame kit that came with an unfinished wood frame and the letters "family" to decorate the frame with. Thats when I realized that all of the letters for AMY are in FAMILY.

Call me silly, call me cheesey, but I thought it was a sign or an affirmation that Mike and I picked out the right name.

Here is one last picture...I promised Mom I'd post for her to see the rug I got for the nursery.

1 comment:

Karen said...

beautiful :)