Thursday, May 07, 2009

My little girl did three things today that reminded me how quickly she is growing up.

I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to her this morning because I was packing up boxes for our move across town. She was doing a great job entertaining herself, which always makes me proud. I saw her pull a wooden puzzle off of the top of a bookshelf. It went everywhere. When I came back into the room a few minutes later, the puzzle was laying on the floor all put together. Wow!

Secondly, when I was getting her dressed, she grabbed her shoe and put it on herself. I'm sure it was lucky that she got it on the right foot, but then she velcroed it. Wow!

Finally, she has been counting to six for a long time now, and then mumbling the rest of the way to 10. We have been proud of how well she sings (or yells) the alphabet, so we haven't really been pushing counting. Today she loudly and clearly counted her marching steps down the hall, counting in stride with her steps. Wow.

3 comments:

Council Family said...

They do grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!

TL said...

WOW!!! She is a product of GREAT PARENTS!!! I love you!! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

i taught her how to do that puzzle. 8-)
Alabama Grandpa